A few decades ago, most women didn’t panic at the sight of their first grays. White strands and wrinkles were taken very lightly back then, mostly because older men and women didn’t really have access to revolutionary products allowing them to win the fight with these disturbing signs of premature aging. At this point, things seem to be very different. People who have been affected by premature graying can easily pick their favorite type of grey defense, use it and kick those coarse, depigmented hairs to the curb.
The Gray Hair Dyeing Dilemma
We canall agree upon the fact that a plentitude of appealing options can make us feel confused and insecure. With so many brands offering us the chance to witness the awesome results of a simple and convenient DIY hair coloring job, how could we possibly spot the best one and make an informed purchase?
Nobody has the time or the money to try all of these alternatives on their own skin (or scalp, to be more specific). So should we dye our locks or just get used to the idea that our natural pigment is long gone? Luckily, expert info provided by respectable scientists, trichologists and well-known hairstylists enable us to make a smart final call. Wondering if you should love your graying hair as is or if you should actually experiment with different shades of color coming from a box? Keep reading to discover those sneaky, little-known details that will help you make up your mind.
5 Things That You Should Factor in Before Applying Artificial Color on Your Hair
1) Hair Dye Can Cause Severe Allergic Reactions. Some people ignore the fact that most anti gray hair products available on the market are a real cocktail of chemicals. If you think that hair dye is an exception you are terribly wrong. According to Allergyuk.com, allergic reactions associated with hair dye usage are not uncommon. Hair coloring products can trigger a wide range of upsetting symptoms, from general unwellness to widespread itching and even anaphylaxis. You could probably avoid all these inconveniences by doing a patch test, but at the end of the day you should know that hair dye usage is definitely not the safest (or the most effective) method to deal with ugly gray hair in need of a positive change.
2) To Color Your Hair the Right Way, You Have to Do the Math. Do you really think that applying artificial color on your tresses is a simple assignment that could be easily completed even by a 5-year old? Well, if you don’t really care about your appearance, you could stick to your idea. Otherwise, you may want to change your perspective fast. Undoubtedly, hair coloring is a very complex topic that involves more than a few formulas. Therefore, if you want to obtain a flawless new color and mask the first signs of premature graying in a successful manner, you should realize that there are 3 basic steps that you should follow before actually distributing color on your locks:
- You have to assess the natural color level (the natural color level represents the level of darkness or lightness of 100% naturally pigmented tresses, measured on a scale of 1 to 10).
- You have to determine the contributing pigment (the contributing pigment represents the degree of warmth associated with every single natural level). Clairol Professional providesa useful chart reflecting the link between the natural level and the contributing pigment. Once you understand the connection between these 2 important elements you can select the best course of action, based on your goals and expectations. You can either enhance your natural warmth or neutralize it. So here is the no-longer-secret formula disclosed by Clairol Professional, which apparently guaranteesa successful hair coloring job: contributing pigment plus artificial color equals final result.
- You have to determine the percentage of gray hair that needs to be covered
We can all accept the fact that the color presented on the box is virtually impossible to obtain. After all, we all knew that hair dye is pretty unpredictable, but who would have thought that successful applications involve some serious math skills?
3) Even Natural Hair Dye for Gray Hair Can Get You into Serious Trouble. Some men and women don’t really want to achieve dramatic, radical results. They just want to find the best way to darken their mane a bit, while relying on all-natural coloring products. But what does “all-natural” actually mean these days? Even henna, the centuries-old gray hair remedy used by the Egyptians 3,000 years ago is now “improved” by large cosmetic companies that launch formulas based on many chemicals. According to NBC News, the henna hazard is real and should not be neglected. This source reveals a disturbing fact: black henna incorporates a chemical called PPD (para-phenylenediamine) that could cause severe skin allergies. While these allergies are not dangerous, they can result in scarring or permanent darkening of the users’ skin. Clearly, this is not what you had in mind when you listed hennaas a safe and effective white hair treatment.
4) Hair Dye Is Always a Compromise Solution. No matter how you look at it, the truth is that hair dyes are a temporary solution to a permanent problem. They won’t restore your pigment and will never represent your personal youth elixir. These products just coat your depigmented strands and give you the illusion that you can look a bit younger and more attractive in the eyes of the opposite sex. But in the long run, hair dyes are not actually your best friend, taking into consideration their short-term positive effects and also the considerable costs that they imply.
5) Catalase Supplements Are the BEST Substitute for Hair Dyes. Before deciding to dye your hair, do a little research to discover alternative gray hair remedies that may actually be worth your time and money. Catalase supplements are clearly an excellent option for men and women of all ages who wish to restore their pigment in a rapid, risk-free manner. These pills act on the inside, by dissolving excessive amounts of hydrogen peroxide, the compound that is responsible for your premature hair oxidation. Catalase gradually darkens your mane naturally, by simply stopping and reversing your gray hairs in no time.
Get Away Grey is a premium vitamin for gray hair that has been invented, tested and approved by a reputable team of researchers. This gray hair pill contains an ideal concentration of catalase and also a generous selection of extremely effective natural ingredients, including Fo Ti, barley grass, horsetail, nettle root extract, zinc oxide, plant sterols, biotin and folic acid. All these components work together to strengthen and rejuvenate the users’ aging hairs from the inside out, in less than 3 months. Before applying color on your locks, keep in mind that there is a simpler, safer much more convenient way to banish those ugly grays. Order this magnificent 100% verified cure for graying hair, take 2 pills on a daily basis and turn your silvery strands into a distant memory.