We all know it: in most cases, gray hair lacks personality. In a few words, it is as boring and flat as it gets. On top of that, it can also be severely deteriorated. Extensive sun exposure, aggressive hair care products and heat-based styling appliances can destroy your ends, making your silvery mane look dreadful. Is there a reliable solution to this problem? As a matter of fact, there are at least 5 excellent ways to treat and prevent split ends.
Understanding the Problem
Frazzled strands appear when the protective exterior layer of our hair cuticles starts to display signs of wear and tear. By conditioning your tresses regularly, limiting exposure to direct sunlight and taking vitamins for hair you can keep your locks protected and in excellent condition.
5 Methods to Address the Split Ends Issue
You’ve ditched heat styling and chemical treatments a long time ago, and still your grays don’t seem to be very grateful. They are still rebellious, prone to breakage and unhealthy-looking. Here are 5 simple ways to treat your split ends without cutting them.
1. Be Gentle. First of all, try to improve and monitor your styling routine. Use non-metallic covered elastics to pull your hair back in a sleek pony. If you’re going for a more elaborate look, utilize finishing sprays ensuring a firm hold rather than tying your strands too tightly to achieve a flawless hairstyle.
2. Use Only Wide Tooth Combs. Don’t comb your hair while it’s still wet. Let it dry and then brush it gently. To untangle it, use wide tooth combs that are less likely to pull out your perfectly healthy hairs.
3. Try Leave-in Conditioners. Regular conditioners provide a certain level of protection for a limited period of time. Plus, let’s be honest: you are always in a hurry to rinse your graying hairand get to the styling part, which usually takes forever. This is why leave-in conditioners are so awesome. They nurture and protect your strands even when you’re blow-drying them, and also throughout the entire day.
4. Try to Avoid Damaging Services. According to stylelist.com, if you are worried about your ends, you should try to limit the number of aggressive cosmetic treatments that you pay for on a regular basis (perms, straightening, coloring and so on). Love you graying hairas is or get used to the idea that split ends will inevitably become a part of your life.
5. Treat Your Hairs from the Inside Out. To protect your strands from the inside out, it is recommended to take vitamins for hair containing biotin and folic acid. Catalase supplements comprise these elements and many other active ingredients (including catalase,Fo Ti, horsetail, nettle root extract) that reverse gray hairand rejuvenate locks from the inside out, making them shiner and more resistant to interior and exterior threats.